Friday, 17 February 2017

Re: English (17th Feb)

Dear Parents,

Today, I did Handout 2 in Write Right booklet. It is about using interesting opening sentences for story beginnings based on setting, question or sound and dialogue. This is to set the scene for the readers and hold their attention so that they will want to finish reading the story. You can refer to the Write Right booklet for more examples.

For example:

4 pictures showing that a monkey had escaped from the zoo:

Using 'Setting':

- The morning air filled my lungs and caressed my cheeks. My family and I set off to the zoo in high spirits.

Using 'Question':

- Have you been to the zoo?

Using 'sound & dialogue':

- Click, click... went my father's camera as he snapped a picture of the monkeys swinging in the cage.

- "Hurray!" yelled Tom excitedly as he jumped for joy. His parents were taking him to the zoo.


After that, I showed them You Tube videos on collective nouns and opposites. The urls are below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRQfUD2W6Bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQT1kpBwcg


Homework

Do Write Right Booklet Pg 17



No comments:

Post a Comment