Friday, 15 January 2016

Re: English (15th Jan)

Dear Parents,

Today, I taught them when to use captial letters and the punctuation marks such as a full-stop (at the end of a sentence),  a question mark (at the end of a question) and an exclaimation mark (to show strong emotions in a sentence).

I have also taught them how to do filing for the EL file. Please do not take out the worksheets. You can take them out to revise or scan for extra copies but you need to put it back as accordingly as they have to bring them back on next Monday after you have signed them.

E.g. (When to use capital letters):

1) He is walking to the canteen.

2) John is talking to Peter.

3) We are going to Ang Mo Kio.

4) Today is a Friday.

5) This month is January.

6) We read 'The Farm Concert' for unit  1.

E.g. (Punctuation Marks):

1) I am going to school.

2) May I know your name?

3) I am very excited!

Homework:

1) Sign EL file content page, unit 1 LS (top right-hand corner of the cover pg) and unit 2 LS (top right-hand corner of the cover pg). Bring back next Monday (18/1).

2) Do Write Right (WR) worksheet Pg 3 (Handout 2).

3) Do Grammar Workbook Pg 73 and 74.

Gentle Reminder:

1) EL spelling 1 on next Tue (19/1).

Regards,
Ms Michelle Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment