Dear Parents,
Today, I taught them about subject-verb agreement.
A singular verb must be used with a singular noun.
E.g. The lion is hungry.
Peter swims every Sunday.
A plural verb must be used with a plural noun.
E.g. We are hungry.
My cousin and I play soccer every Saturday morning.
I also taught them simple past tense. The simple past tense is used for actions which happened at a time in the past. Normally, they can just add -ed to the verb to change it to past tense but there are some verbs where they are spelled completely in a different way.
E.g. The dog barked at me just now.
I went to Japan last year.
Yesterday, I also taught them comprehension skills.
*The question word, 'what' is asking for actions or things.
E.g. What is he doing at the market? (He wants to sell his cow to get some money.)- action
What grow from the five magical beans? (Five tall trees grow from the five magical beans.)- things
*The question word, 'why' is asking for reasons.
E.g. Why was he late? (He has overslept in the morning.)- reason
I also taught them the rule that the verb after the word, 'to' must be in base form (no change).
E.g. to play
Please reinforce them at home.
There will be no more EL spelling for Term 1. EL spelling will continue in Term 2 again.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment