Friday, 12 February 2016

Re: English (12th Feb)

Dear Parents,

Today, they received their EL spelling book. They also filed the 'Superhero Writing' worksheet in their EL file.

I have given them another poem recitation worksheet where it has 4 poems. I have went through the 4 poems and demonstrated to the class how to read them . They can just pick one of it and practise over the weekend as each of them will be reciting the poem to the whole class next Monday (15/2). After that, they will have the same checklist and review their performance. They can hold the poem paper in their hands so they do not need to memorise it. I have also told them to practise based on the 5 points in the self-review checklist so that they can improve and get all the 5 'yes'.

5 points in the self-review checklist:

1) Able to read clearly and loudly all the time

2) Able to pronounce all the words correctly

3) Able to pause at the commas and at the end of each line

4) Able to read with expression

5) Able to stand up straight all the time


I have also taught them the use of two personal pronouns, 'it' and 'me'. I have reminded them the importance of looking for the clues in the sentences to help them find the answers. The underlined ones below are the clues. The bold ones below are the answers. You can get them to do it when they are doing their own practices at home.

E.g. The dog is barking. It is barking.

       Sentosa is a fun place. It is a fun place.

       The table is hard. It is hard.

       My father is telling me to do my homework.

       I was looking at the monkeys when they threw some banana skins at me.

Homework

1) Sign EL file content pg (no. 6)

2) Sign EL spelling book. Do corrections if any. Bring back next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment