Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Re: English (16th Feb)

Dear Parents,

Today, I recapped on the personal pronouns, 'it' and 'me'.
I then went on to teach them about articles (a, an, the).

'a' is for words that begin with a consonant sound.
E.g. a box

Exception: a unicorn

'an' is for words that begin with a vowel sound (a,e,i,o,u).
E.g an umbrella

Exception: an hour

I also introduced the use of 'the' too.

E.g. The sun
'The' is used when there is only one such object.

E.g. A cat was here just now.
       The cat was injured.

In the second e.g, we use 'the'. 'The' is used when we want to speak of the same thing again. (We are speaking of not any cat but the cat which was here just now.)

Do try to reinforce the use of 'the' again to them.

Homework

1) Do LS 5.2 (Pg 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment